First Dance Studios established in 2013 has been doing their part in signiﬁcantly changing the landscape of the arts in Western Jamaica. They are a performing arts group based in Montego Bay that oﬀers classes to students of all ages. They oﬀer a variety of dance styles as well as music, acting, modeling, taekwondo and gymnastics, all taught at levels suitable for participants in a safe, fun and creative atmosphere.
Since its inception, First Dance Studios’ goal has been to build a Centre for Performing Arts in Western Jamaica that will seek to expand their current oﬀerings, add to the cultural retention of the people and provide development opportunities for future employment in the Arts for the youth in Western Jamaica. They currently serve over 90 students in their weekly programs.
Main achievements of the organization
- Winning 15 medals for Jamaica at the World Championships of Performing Arts held in Hollywood in the categories of Dance, Music and Drama.
- Winning a total of 19 medals and 3 trophies at the JCDC local Dance competition
- Successful completion of 6 years of summer programs (impacting over 240 lives)
- Successful completion of six first World productions at Iberostar, attracting over 700 patrons.
- Being featured on a Canadian based travel series for our contribution to dance in Jamaica.
- Teaching a weekly dance program serving 96 students from 15 schools in Western Jamaica.
- Oﬀering a scholarship to 10 highly qualified students annually.
- Hosting international instructors annually from Germany, UK, Canada & USA.