Policies & General Rules
At First Dance Studios we believe that with hard work and discipline comes success...
Students must be properly dressed for classes in order to participate. Students not wearing the proper attire for more than two weeks will not be allowed to participate in class.
Junior parents - Please take your child to the restroom before class to avoid accidents and disruption of the class.
Students are expected to be present and on time for all classes. It is very important that all dancers get the appropriate warm-up needed to avoid injury. Please notify us if a student expects to be absent.
"Perfect Attendance" awards will be awarded to those students who have no absences for the year. NO EXCEPTIONS!
You must be registered and enrolled in class prior to January 1st to be eligible. Please do not mistake this as a punishment for those students who unfortunately lose perfect attendance. It is a huge achievement for those who happen to get through the whole year and we will not compromise the integrity of that honor. Please do not put us in the position to make an exception.
- All students and parents will be respectful at all times to the instructors, other students and parents. Profanity, negative attitudes, and gossiping should not be brought into the studio.
- Students, parents and siblings are asked to clean up after themselves and respect all studio property.
- While classes are in session, please do not open the dance room door. It is very disruptive to the dancers.
- The waiting area is not a play area. Siblings of students in class are expected to sit quietly and must remain supervised.
- There is absolutely no running, shouting, or eating in the studios or waiting areas. Anyone causing a distraction could be asked to leave.
- Dancers may not enter a classroom without an instructor present.
- Do not bring food or gum into the studio. All students must bring Water bottles to class.
Parents, siblings, and observers are not permitted in the classroom at any time. We need your dancer’s full attention.
Pick-up & Drop-off
Please drop-off and pick-up your child within 15 minutes of class time, as we are very busy and cannot provide your child with the attention they deserve to be safe. Late (more than 15 min.) pick-ups will be charged a fee.
All children must wait inside until someone comes in to pick them up. We cannot supervise them if they are waiting outside.
All students are expected to participate in our annual recital. This is an exciting and rewarding experience when students can demonstrate their talents and abilities. It helps to develop confidence, self-esteem and a sense of accomplishment.
In case of inclement weather, we will follow the Ministry of Education's decision on school closings. There is NO refund when the studio must close. Please check the studio's emails and group messages to confirm closings. All studio closings are listed in our Calendar.
We reserve the right to drop from our register any student for any reason including: excessive lateness or absence; disruptive behavior; non-payment of tuition or other charges.